2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart Ready Multi-Standard Module
LSR's Sterling-LWB™ 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Smart Ready Multi-Standard Module provides your customers with more options, more certifications and a greater variety of antenna options, which altogether provides greater flexibility to meet the challenging requirements of many wireless designs. This certified module is based upon the Cypress (formerly Broadcom) CYW4343W chipset, and supports IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, BT 2.1+EDR, and BLE 4.2 wireless connectivity. The module comes in three configurations to best address specific applications, and features an industrial temperature rating (-40° to +85° C) and an industry-leading breadth of certifications and antenna options.
- Security & Building Automation
- Internet of Things / M2M Connectivity
- Smart Gateways
NOW AVAILABLE! Sterling-LWB can now also be used for embedded applications, utilizing the Sterling-LWB for WICED reference platform. LSR’s Sterling-LWB for WICED™ reference platform provides a very simple and fast way to add both 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® and BLE v4.2 connectivity to your microcontroller-based design utilizing the power of Cypress’ robust WICED™ software development kit and developer ecosystem. Learn more about LSR’s Sterling-LWB for WICED carrier board.
450-0152: Sterling-LWB, Chip Antenna
450-0155: Sterling-LWB Dev Kit, SD Card, U.FL
450-0156: Sterling-LWB Dev Kit, SD Card, Chip Antenna
450-0159: Sterling-LWB SiP
450-0173: Sterling-LWB for WICED carrier board
- Delivers IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, BT 2.1+EDR, and BLE 4.2 wireless connectivity
- Based on next-generation silicon from Cypress (CYW4343W)
- Three configuration options available:
- SiP Module (10 mm x 10 mm x 1.2 mm)
- Module with chip antenna (15.5 mm x 21 mm x 2 mm)
- Module with External U.FL antenna port (15.5 mm x 21 mm x 2 mm)
- All three configurations feature Industrial Temperature Rating (-40° to +85° C)
- Enhanced collaborative co-existence algorithms
- Best-in-class Output Power and Rx Sensitivity
- Optional integrated advanced chip antenna offers greater resistance to de-tuning vs. trace or standard chip antennas
- Direct driver support for both Linux and Android
- NEW: Sterling-LWB for WICED reference platform also available
- SIG certified Bluetooth driver
- Dev Board with SD card form factor for simple connectivity with Freescale i.MX 6 and other platforms
- Broad certifications with multiple antennas: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe), Giteki (Japan), and RCM (AU/NZ)
- Multiple certified 2.4 GHz antenna options
- Chip, Dipole, FlexPIFA™ & FlexNotch™
- LSR offers in-house certification of additional antennas at little to no cost
- Size: 10 mm x 10 mm x 1.2 mm
- Size: 15.5 mm x 21 mm x 2 mm
- Size: 15.5 mm x 21 mm x 2 mm
- Hardware Interfaces: Dev Board with SD card form factor for simple connectivity with Freescale i.MX 6 and other platforms
- Industrial Temp Range: -40 to +85 °C
- Certifications: FCC, IC, ETSI, Giteki, RCM
Sterling-LWB Development Kit with SD Card Form Factor
The Sterling-LWB development kit features a convenient SD Card form factor for convenience compatibility with a variety of Microprocessor development platforms, such as NXP/Freescale i.MX6. Full driver support for Linux, along with step-by-step user guides, dramatically simplifies adding a powerful Wi-Fi module to your Linux-based development project. The Dev Kit for the Sterling-LWB module with u.FL connector also a FlexPIFA™ Antenna for your evaluation and development efforts
The Sterling-LWB driver supports a range of Linux kernel versions through the backports package and has been validated to work with a number of i.mx6 development platforms. For more information regarding the range of currently supported kernels, please reference Release Notes, Sterling-LWB, Software Version Backports-Laird.
Sterling-LWB for WICED Carrier Board
Development is fast and easy with a carrier board that plugs directly into virtually any STM32F4xx Discovery Kit. Design implementation is straight-forward as well, as source CAD files make an outstanding starting point.
You can now leverage the high-performance Sterling-LWB™ module for embedded applications as well! The Sterling-LWB for WICEDTM reference platform provides a very simple and fast way to add both Wi-Fi and BLE v4.2 connectivity to your microcontroller-based design utilizing the power of Cypress’ robust WICEDTM software development kit. The low cost, pre-certified Sterling-LWB is now validated with the STM32F411 MCU and can be migrated to other popular MCU’s with an SDIO interface, giving you unmatched speed in adding Wi-Fi and BLE to your application. In addition to the carrier board hardware, this comprehensive reference platform features extensive documentation and software examples, TiWiConnect™ cloud connectivity and ModuleLink™ mobile app for easy development and integration.
Buy your Dev Kit or Evaluation Kit Now
Sterling-LWB Dev Kit, SD Card, U.FL (Item # 450-0155)
Sterling-LWB Dev Kit, SD Card, Chip Antenna (Item # 450-0156)
Sterling-LWB for WICED carrier board (Item # 450-0173)
Software Downloads for Sterling-LWB
- Firmware, Sterling-LWB, ETSI, RCM (480-0080) (480-0080)
- Firmware, Sterling-LWB, FCC and IC (480-0079) (480-0079)
- Firmware, Sterling-LWB, Giteki (480-0116) (480-0116)
- Software, Sterling-LWB and LWB5, Backports-Laird (930-0075) (930-0075)
- Software, Sterling-LWB and LWB5, supplicant-arm (930-0087) (930-0087)
- Software, Sterling-LWB and LWB5, supplicant-src (930-0089) (930-0089)
- Software, Sterling-LWB and LWB5, supplicant-x86 (930-0088) (930-0088)
Download the Patchram Plus Source here.
Software Downloads for Sterling-LWB WICED
Sterling-LWB is certified with these Antennas
Dev Board & Kits
Quality & Environmental
ForumPost or view product support questions
EMail Technical SupportEmails will be assigned a Technical Support Request (TSR) number and assigned a LSR resource. We work diligently to respond to all email and forum posts as soon as possible.
EMail Technical SalesUse the form below, for questions relating to RF Design Services, RF Module Sales and EMC Testing Services, email our Technical Sales Department.