Bluetooth Smart Ready Module
The TiWi-uB2 Bluetooth module is a high performance 2.4 GHz Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and Bluetooth Low Energy - Smart Ready radio in a cost effective, pre-certified footprint. The highly integrated TiWi-uB2 module makes the use of Bluetooth headsets and other applications possible. This module fully supports the dual mode Bluetooth and BLE operation, and the output power can support class 1.5. The SIP module provides UART interface/audio PCM interface for Bluetooth through the HCI transport layer.
The SIP module is specifically developed for Smart phones and Portable devices.
- 2.4 GHz Bluetooth high performance, 2.1+EDR and BLE systems
- Medical (ex: Heart Rate Monitor, Blood Pressure Sensor, Blood Glucose Meter)
- Heating/Cooling Control
- Industrial Sensors
- Entertainment Devices/Mobile Accessories
450-0104R: TiWi-uB2 Module, TR
450-0105: TiWi-uB2 EM Board
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and BLE 4.0
- Power Class 1.5.
- Certified with off module chip and dipole antennas
- Integrated band-pass filter
- Compact design based on Texas Instruments CC2564 Transceiver
- HCI UART host data path interface
- Bluetooth advanced audio interfaces
- Low power operation mode
- RoHS compliant
- Size: 7 mm x 7 mm x 1.5 mm
- Standards Support: Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 4.0 (BLE)
- Host Interface: HCI UART
- VBAT Min, VDD_IO Min: 2.2 V to 1.62 V
- VBAT Max, VDD_IO Max: 4.8 V to 1.92 V
- Industrial Temp Range: -30 to +85 °C
- Transmit Power: 10 dBm
- Rx Sensitivity:
- -93 dBm, GFSK at 0.1% BER
- -85 dBm, 8DPSK at 0.01% BER
- Transmit Current:
- 47.1 mA, DM1 Packet
- 30.2 mA, DH1 Packet
- 13.0 mA, DH5 Packet
- Receive Current: 38.8 mA
- Standby Current: 33 uA
- Bluetooth Stack:
- Complete Power-Optimized Stack
- Controller and Host
- GAP - Central, Peripheral, Observer, or Broadcaster
- ATT / GATT - Client and Server
- SMP - AES - 128 Encryption and Decryption
- Host Processor Requirements:: Microcontroller or microprocessor with a serial port (UART)
- Hardware Interfaces: HCI, UART, and Audio PCM interfaces. Compact design based on TI CC2564 Transceiver
- Certifications: FCC, IC, Giteki, SIG, CE
- Bluetooth Eval Tool (930-0030)
- Bluetooth Patch File: ETSI BT 4.0 all certified antennas (480-0035)
- Bluetooth Patch File: FCC/IC/ETSI BT 2.1 + EDR, FCC/IC BT 4.0 all certified antennas (480-0034)
- Bluetooth Patch File: Used with the Bluetooth Eval Tool (480-0036)
- WLAN and Bluetooth Radio Tools User Guide (330-0069)
Buy your Dev Kit or Evaluation Kit Now
TiWi-uB2 EM Board (Item # 450-0105)
TiWi-uB2 EM Board
RF Testing Guide
This wiki page from TI explains in detail the different test modes supported by the TiWi-uB2. These test modes can be used for RF evaluation and production testing. In addition the LSR Bluetooth Eval Tool provides the user easy access to these commands via a PC GUI.
Software & Firmware
See the TI CC256x wiki for loads of information and software examples.
- TI Packages available online (no upfront fee or royalty if a signed click through license provided by TI is in place)
- Stellaris + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP, AVRCP, A2DP-Sink (Available now on TI website)
- MSP430 + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP + GATT (Will be released in June 2012 on TI website)
- C5515/5535 + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP, HFP, AVRCP, A2DP-Sink (Estimated release Q3-Q4 2012)
- Pricing for use of the Bluetopia SDK consists of an upfront development license and a production royalty.
- Typical upfront development license costs $35K.
- Up front fee waived for TI configurations above
- Royalty is volume based and must be quoted by Stonestreet One representative.
- If TI baseband IC used in the product design the royalty may be waived.
- The upfront license is a one time fee which gives the company right to design the stack into all the companies products.
- The stack comes as a binary library compiled for the initial host processor. Stonestreet One provides completed source code for working sample applications and abstraction layers to the OS and Baseband IC as part of the first delivery.
- Additional host processors can be supported with minimal NRE charge after initial delivery.
- All TI software technical support provided via http://ti.com/wiconforum
TiWi-uB2 is certified with these Antennas
Quality & Environmental
ForumPost or view product support questions
EMail Technical SupportEmails will be assigned a Technical Support Request (TSR) number and assigned a LSR resource. We work diligently to respond to all email and forum posts as soon as possible.
EMail Technical SalesUse the form below, for questions relating to RF Design Services, RF Module Sales and EMC Testing Services, email our Technical Sales Department.