2.4 GHz Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Module
SaBLE-x is a certified Bluetooth® Smart module built to deliver unmatched RF and power performance. This module can deliver over twice the signal range of previous generation Bluetooth low energy technology, and can operate at nearly 1/3 the average power for a 1 second connection interval when compared to previous Bluetooth low energy modules. Based on the new TI SimpleLink™ Bluetooth® Smart CC2640 wireless microcontroller (MCU), this self-contained module provides unmatched integration, including an ARM Cortex-M3 application processor, an ARM Cortex-M0 processor for the RF core, separate Sensor Processor Engine, FLASH memory, and both high- and low-speed clocks.
Need to communicate directly with a smartphone or connect to the cloud? SaBLE-x development is simplified with LSR’s new Developer Tool Suite, featuring a breadth of software resources designed by developers, for developers. Whether your application utilizes an external host processor or leverages the module's on-board Cortex-M3 processor, SaBLE-x provides tools to accelerate your time-to-market by minimizing the learning curve.
450-0119R: SaBLE-x, PCB Trace Antenna, TR
450-0141: SaBLE-x Development Kit
450-0144C: SaBLE-x, EXT Antenna Port, CT
450-0144R: SaBLE-x, EXT Antenna Port, TR
450-0150: SaBLE-x Evaluation Kit
450-0151: SaBLE-x Evaluation Kit with Antennas
- Lowest power BLE Module available, operating at nearly 1/3 the avg. power for a 1 second connection interval vs. previous generations
- Latest silicon technology delivers 7 dBm link margin improvement vs. current BLE modules
- Features both an ARM Cortex-M3 processor for host applications and an ARM Cortex-M0 dedicated for the RF core
- Dedicated Sensor Processor for even lower power operation
- Integrated FLASH memory, BLE stack, and high- and low-speed clocks
- Multiple certified antenna options
- Trace, Dipole, FlexPIFA™, and FlexNotch™
- In-house certification of additional antennas at little or no cost
- LSR’s Developer Tool Suite features create value through simplification:
- Serial-to-BLE host command set, including API, boot loader, and source code for both host and module
- Size: 11.6 mm x 17.9 mm x 2.3 mm
- On-Module Integration: Integrated ARM Cortex-M3 MCU, dedicated Cortex-M0 MCU for RF core, and dedicated Sensor Processor Engine
- Hardware Interfaces: Highly-configurable I/O that supports all common peripherals (UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, ADC, etc.)
- Industrial Temp Range: -40 to +85 °C
- Memory: 128 kB FLASH and 20 kB SRAM on-module
- Operating Voltage: 1.8 V to 3.8 V
- Output Power: +5 dBm
- Receive Sensitivity: -96 dBm at 0.1% BER
- Average Power Consumption: < 10 uA for 1 second BLE connection interval
- Standards Support: Bluetooth 4.2 compliant
- Certifications: FCC, IC, ETSI, Giteki, RCM, SIG
SaBLE-x Development Kit
LSR’s Development Kit for the SaBLE-x Bluetooth Smart module will provide you with a fast out-of-the-box experience with all the hardware you need, including adapter boards for development with TI or Arduino platforms. A simplified evaluation kit version is also available (Item # 450-0150).
Along with the Development Kit hardware, BLE developers can utilize LSR’s Developer Tool Suite software. This suite of developer tools simplifies the work to integrate the SaBLE-x module with your host MCU through LSR’s exclusive Serial-to-BLE API and Source Code, along with Boot Loader. Furthermore, the companion mobile app, ModuleLink for BLE, works seamlessly with the SaBLE-x Dev Board so you can range-test and test communications with any iOS or Android device. To learn more, scroll down for more information on the Developer Tool Suite and the ModuleLink for BLE mobile app.
The SaBLE-x Development Board features:
- On-Board 3-Axis Accelerometer, Temperature, and Ambient Light Sensors
- 3 Push Buttons for Input
- 6 LED Indicators
- External Memory: 4 MBit CMOS Serial Flash Memory with SPI interface to the SaBLE-x Module
- Antenna: Either module’s trace antenna or u.FL connector on Dev Board for external antenna
- Power: On-board Coin Cell battery, USB cable, or external power
- Pin-Outs to support both Arduino & TI Adapter Boards (included in Dev Kit)
Buy your Dev Kit or Evaluation Kit Now
SaBLE-x Development Kit (Item # 450-0141)
- Contains: 2 SaBLE-x Dev Boards, TI EM Adapter, Arduino Adapter, Micro USB Cable, and Coin Cell Batteries (2)
- Utilize 1 SaBLE-x Dev Board as Central and 1 as Peripheral to support comprehensive evaluation and development efforts
SaBLE-x Evaluation Kit (Item # 450-0150)
- Contains: 1 SaBLE-x Dev Board, Micro USB Cable, and Coin Cell Battery
SaBLE-x Evaluation Kit with Antennas (Item # 450-0151)
- 1 SaBLE-x Dev Board (with U.FL external antenna port)
- 2.4 GHz Dipole antenna
- 2.4 GHz FlexPIFA antenna
- U.FL to SMA cable, Micro-USB cable and coin-cell battery
Already have your Kit?
It’s easy to get started with a guided tutorial for evaluating the SaBLE-x module’s performance using the ModuleLink for BLE companion app.
featured in LSR Developer Tool Suite
Once you’ve downloaded the DTS, view our helpful online guides and video tutorials.
RF Performance Evaluation
LSR ModuleLink for BLE
iOS and Android Mobile App
The LSR ModuleLink for BLE application delivers convenience and simplicity in developing with Bluetooth® Smart modules from LSR. The app provides an interface for real-time interaction and testing of any of LSR's certified Bluetooth® Smart modules, including the TiWi-uB1™ and the SaBLE-x™.
When utilized with the module's Development Kit hardware, the app provides the ability to wirelessly monitor pushbutton inputs, sensors, and battery level, while also controlling LED outputs on the kit. The app also features a convenient range-testing tool that reports the Received Signal Strength (RSSI) and BLE packets sent/received in real-time.
The SaBLE-x Dev Board Firmware for ModuleLink is firmware that runs in the SaBLE-x module on the dev board. This firmware enables the module to interact with the LSR ModuleLink for BLE app on Android or iOS. This firmware does not include any Serial-To-BLE API functionality. This firmware is for use with the Android and iOS apps only and will not respond to any commands issued over a UART connection.
Additional Software Resources for SaBLE-x Development
SaBLE-x is certified with these Antennas
Dev Board & Kits
Online Guides & Tutorials
Quality & Environmental
ForumPost or view product support questions
EMail Technical SupportEmails will be assigned a Technical Support Request (TSR) number and assigned a LSR resource. We work diligently to respond to all email and forum posts as soon as possible.
EMail Technical SalesUse the form below, for questions relating to RF Design Services, RF Module Sales and EMC Testing Services, email our Technical Sales Department.