Do you have an interest in working on the latest technology and standards involving ZigBee (802.15.4), WiFi (802.11a/b/g) Bluetooth, proprietary 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz radios? If so, please take a look at some of the current openings listed below.
TO BE CONSIDERED, please include your salary history and salary requirement. Respond with a resume and cover letter to Human Resources (email@example.com).
LSR Company Overview
Business Analyst - Sales
Summary: Under general supervision, performs strategic business research and analysis for the various Strategic Business Units (SBU) of a global manufacturing company. Develops business analysis results and market research studies in support of specific Corporate, SBU, Product Management, Sales, or Marketing directions and initiatives.
- Conduct financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various SBU’s and departments.
- Interpret, evaluate, and interrelate research data, and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Plan the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required, and presents findings of studies to client committees.
- Coordinate, and audit one or more large databases, as appropriate; perform specified data analyses and studies as requested, and develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various initiatives.
- Coordinate and support the development and implementation of special research and/or survey initiatives related to specific research goals and/or marketing directives.
- Provide technical, and staff support, as appropriate, to standing strategic decision-making functions.
- Manage, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of external organizations and consulting operatives engaged in specifically commissioned research activities.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a global manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Skill in the use of survey and market research methodologies, systems, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet, relational database, and word processing software.
- Ability to speak the Chinese language may be required for certain locations (Currently St. Louis).
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance Accounting or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Product Safety Engineer
LSR is searching for a BSEE with experience with the process of safety certification, evaluation and testing. As the Product Safety Engineer they will interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to products under investigation, create and implement test procedures, conduct tests and record results in accordance with the standards, prepare certification reports and related documents. The position will interface with clients and other engineering staff for assigned projects. To be successful, the candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Reporting to the Software Group Manager the Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for new product development within the wireless technology device industry developing state of the art consumer, medical, and industrial products for a wide range of wireless device applications.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of software and firmware design experience in an embedded environment utilizing popular 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers. Knowledge of and/or experience with networking protocols used in data communication systems, especially those unique to wireless communications, would be desirable. A working knowledge of embedded hardware (digital, analog, RF) and/or experience programming PCs (.Net and/or Visual Basic experience would be a plus).
Must be a self-starter, self-directed, and have good troubleshooting and time-management skills. Must demonstrate pride and ownership in work with a strong desire to learn and grow skill sets. Duties include design, implementation, integration and system testing of embedded firmware within wireless communication systems. Interface with customers and other design engineers required throughout the product development cycle and follow on product support.