- Does the TiWi-uB2 module support both Classic Bluetooth® and Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE).
Yes the TiWi-uB2 module is a dual mode Bluetooth® Smart Ready device, that supports both Classic and BLE.
- Can I develop my application directly on the TiWi-uB2 module?
The TiWi-uB2 module requires a host processor or microcontroller to be used in conjunction with the module. The upper layers of the Bluetooth® or BLE stack runs on the host processor/microcontroller along with the application..
- Which antennas are certified with the TiWi-uB2 module?
The TiWi-uB2 module is certified with the LSR 2.4 GHz Dipole and 2.4 GHz Waterproof Dipole antennas, used in conjunction with any of our U.FL to Reverse Polarity SMA cables. Additionally the module is also certified with an off module Johanson Technology 2450AT43B100 chip antenna. Consult the Antenna Design Guide for details on implementing the TiWi-uB2 module into your design with one of the above certified antenna options.
RF Testing Guide
This wiki page
from TI explains in detail the different test modes supported by the TiWi-uB2. These test modes can be used for RF evaluation and production testing. In addition the LSR Bluetooth®
Eval Tool provides the user easy access to these commands via a PC GUI. If using a PC to control the module is not an option, hcitool in Linux can be used to send test commands directly to the module.
Software & Firmware
See the TI CC256x wiki
for loads of information and software examples.
Didn't find the answer to your question here? Try:
ForumPost or view product support questions
EMail Technical SupportEmails will be assigned a Technical Support Request (TSR) number and assigned a LSR resource. We work diligently to respond to all email and forum posts as soon as possible.
EMail Technical SalesFor questions relating to RF Design Services, RF Module Sales and EMC Testing Services, email our Technical Sales Department.
- TI Packages available online (no upfront fee or royalty if a signed click through license provided by TI is in place)
- Stellaris + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP, AVRCP, A2DP-Sink (Available now on TI website)
- MSP430 + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP + GATT (Will be released in June 2012 on TI website)
- C5515/5535 + TiWi-uB2: Includes SPP, HFP, AVRCP, A2DP-Sink (Estimated release Q3-Q4 2012)
- Pricing for use of the Bluetopia SDK consists of an upfront development license and a production royalty.
- Typical upfront development license costs $35K.
- Up front fee waived for TI configurations above
- Royalty is volume based and must be quoted by Stonestreet One representative.
- If TI baseband IC used in the product design the royalty may be waived.
- The upfront license is a one time fee which gives the company right to design the stack into all the companies products.
- The stack comes as a binary library compiled for the initial host processor. Stonestreet One provides completed source code for working sample applications and abstraction layers to the OS and Baseband IC as part of the first delivery.
- Additional host processors can be supported with minimal NRE charge after initial delivery.
- All TI software technical support provided via http://ti.com/wiconforum